Yet another Galaxy S7 Edge phone has caught fire, this time while being charged with an OEM charger… a customer came to the retailer just two weeks after receiving his new S7 Edge, which as luck would have it, was a replacement for the Galaxy Note 7. While charging the phone overnight using an OEM charger, the owner reported that the phone burst into flames.
Last month, another smartphone user sued the Korean phone maker when his own handset caught on fire in his pocket. This left him with a series of second and third-degree burns. A similar incident took place a couple weeks ago in the Philippines, whereupon a woman claimed that her own S7 Edge caught on fire while her teenaged daughter was using it.
This explains why airlines have begun to carry fire containment bags onboard.